LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D graphics question

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 3D plot - rectangular solid and I can rotate it ok about x y and z. I only need z as the vertical axis so that Roll is around x, Pitch around y and yaw around z. The z axis must be vertical which sounds easy. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,270 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tomnz

If i understand your Question Correctly, this is my suggestion (Axis value for Rotate Object are as follows(1,0,0)(0,1,0)(0,0,1)).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,233 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tomnz

If you want to have the Z-axis as the vertical axis, I think that you have 2 options:

Create a scene, rotate that scene, and then add your object to that scene (as shown below).

PC 3D Picture (mod)_BD.pngOr just rotate the camera view using the invoke node "Setup Camera" of the 3D Picture control.

Marc Dubois
Message 3 of 4
(2,213 Views)

Thank you for that. I made the mistake of using the reference rather than the object when I was trying. Works well - here is the modified version.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,203 Views)