LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Graph Render Window Programmatically

Hello!

does anybody know how to open the "Render window" of a 3D graph programmatically?

Thanks

I ask my question for the second time because nobody replied the first time, maybe it was not clear.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,880 Views)

Try adding some more words or a screen shot. I know the CW 3d praph but I don't know what you are asking.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,874 Views)

Right click on the 3D Graph picture indicator in run-time, There are two menu elements, "3D graph properties" and "Render window". It opens a more efficient graph, I would like to open it programmatically, how?

Thanks a lot 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,863 Views)

JICHFI wrote:

Right click on the 3D Graph picture indicator in run-time, There are two menu elements, "3D graph properties" and "Render window". It opens a more efficient graph, I would like to open it programmatically, how?

Thanks a lot 

Sorry, I don't know about the new 3d picture version. I'll watch for someone that knows the new one.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,860 Views)
Check out the solarsystem.vi example in the picture/3D Picture Control folder. 
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,854 Views)

Thanks Darin,

it's what I'm looking for but I'm not using the same picture control so the idea is quite different. Attached some screenshots to show what I'm using exactly. If you have any idea how to open that Render Window programmatically, that would be really nice.

Regards,

Jimmy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,843 Views)

I don't think there is a good way to get a reference to the render window on the 3d graph currently or programatically open it, but I can think of a  workaround.

Create your own window. 

Get the reference to the 3d picture control inside the 3d graph.  You can do that by using a property node 3d Graph>>Graph>>3D Picture Control Reference.  Then, read the Value property from that reference and connect it to your own render window.

Note:  you will have to tweak it some.  That is, you will have to set the camera position, the background color etc to make this work nicely.  I have had some limited success with a quick experiment that I did trying this.

I would also make a suggestion R&D regarding this issue -- I can have a chat with the developer that owns this control, but it is better for tracking purposes if you make a suggestion of your own.

Here is a link to the suggestion center

http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm

Jeff Peters

LabVIEW R & D. 

Message Edited by jpeters on 07-28-2009 12:20 AM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,811 Views)

Hello Jeff,

thanks for your interesting idea, but for the actual question the point is the efficiency of that Render window rather to have it in a seperate window. But its not a big problem I can ask user to right click on the panel to get the more efficient one, that's all 🙂

If anybody could tell me how to emulate a "run-time shortcut menu" event for a specified control, it would help me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,802 Views)

Has there been any updates? I'd really like for the user to have a render window while the program runs. Right now the only way they can do that is when the program isn't running, which is stupid.

jpeters' suggestion no longer is valid - there is no such property. 

Perhaps using SceneObject / SceneWindow? But how do I get a reference to the 3d graph? I'd settle for just the right-click option "Render Window", which is absent when the program runs. Furthermore, I can't even put it back into the menu.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,320 Views)

Ok, In case anyone has been struggling with this in the future, here's how I managed to do it. Now I have fast hardware rendering of my plot, on the front panel!

edit: The Get Picture Control Ref is just an invoke node. Right click on the 3d plot, go to invoke node, and its there. 

The scenedisplay object I'm not sure where on the right-click menu you can find it, but it's in the Solarsystem example VI. I just copied it from there.

Download All
Message 10 of 12
(5,309 Views)