From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D string array text wrapping

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to know how can we wrap text of just one column in 2D array of strings. 

If I try to wrap just one coloumn entire array gets affected. Please see the image to get a better idea.

See how the numbers look, compared to the texts. How can I wrap the text for just the text?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,124 Views)

Hi sandy,

can you illustrate, how you want your array to look like after you apply this "wrapping"?

Generic answer: in an array all elements share the same properties, they only differ in value…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,112 Views)

I meant that numbers need a smaller width compared to the string.

So I wanted to make it look more elagant like the attached image.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sandycoolxyz

hi,

if you just want it to display the data , i would suggest u use the multi colum list box ( Control -> Modern->List,Table and Tree ->Multicolumn Listbox).

best regards

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,084 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sandycoolxyz

Use a Table.  Its data type is a 2D Array of strings (which you already have) and you can set the width of each column individually.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,000 Views)