From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 - Cannot edit palette set

Hello,

I'm trying to port the libraries I made in a previous version of LabVIEW (2014). I can create the library but the menu is all messed up. So I am trying to edit my palette set, and every time I try to execute it LabVIEW crashes.

Is there a reason for this?

Do I need to delete my user library?

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,663 Views)

Never mind... I deleted my library objects and now I can edit the palette set.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,636 Views)

Ok, after further work I can edit my palette. But, once I recompile my library and throw it in the user.lib folder, everything crashes again.

What's more, I have no User Library option in the palette. I tried to add it by turning it on, but it doesn't even appear unchecked in the available options.

Something is screwy here in 2017...

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,616 Views)

Hello,

I'm a little confused on what exactly the issue you are having is. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the crash you are seeing and step-by-step instructions to reproduce said crash?

CH
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,576 Views)

Sure.

If I include my library, and I open a new VI, and go to tools -> advanced -> edit palette set, the palette set never loads and LabVIEW becomes unresponsive.

I am using Windows 10, if that matters.

I cannot share the library, sorry. But it does work fine in 2014.

Veni Vidi Duci
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,565 Views)

Backward compatibility is usually where issues arise, not forward compatibility. Without being able to see the library there is not much more I can do troubleshooting wise. I will search internally for any know issues or crash reports associated with this behavior. 

CH
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,555 Views)

I can share this one. It does the same thing.

I opened the project in 2017, recompiled it and added that compiled library to the 2017 user.lib

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,545 Views)