LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 - Cannot edit palette set

Hello,

I'm trying to port the libraries I made in a previous version of LabVIEW (2014). I can create the library but the menu is all messed up. So I am trying to edit my palette set, and every time I try to execute it LabVIEW crashes.

Is there a reason for this?

Do I need to delete my user library?

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,603 Views)

Never mind... I deleted my library objects and now I can edit the palette set.

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,576 Views)

Ok, after further work I can edit my palette. But, once I recompile my library and throw it in the user.lib folder, everything crashes again.

What's more, I have no User Library option in the palette. I tried to add it by turning it on, but it doesn't even appear unchecked in the available options.

Something is screwy here in 2017...

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,556 Views)

Hello,

I'm a little confused on what exactly the issue you are having is. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the crash you are seeing and step-by-step instructions to reproduce said crash?

CH
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,516 Views)

Sure.

If I include my library, and I open a new VI, and go to tools -> advanced -> edit palette set, the palette set never loads and LabVIEW becomes unresponsive.

I am using Windows 10, if that matters.

I cannot share the library, sorry. But it does work fine in 2014.

Veni Vidi Duci
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,505 Views)

Backward compatibility is usually where issues arise, not forward compatibility. Without being able to see the library there is not much more I can do troubleshooting wise. I will search internally for any know issues or crash reports associated with this behavior. 

CH
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/en-us/support.html
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,495 Views)

I can share this one. It does the same thing.

I opened the project in 2017, recompiled it and added that compiled library to the 2017 user.lib

Veni Vidi Duci
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,485 Views)