LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C Based MCU - Serial Read to text file

Hello LabView community,

I am currently working with the TI TMS320F28377S MCU. The MCU has a UART module where I can send 8 bits over serial (COM port). I am quite new to LabVIEW. Right now I am trying to create a simple program where I can send the unsigned integers 0 to 255 to LabVIEW and then write those files in a vertical column formatted text file. My .VI is not working correctly, I am getting some weird characters appear in a text file and I'm not sure exactly how I should program my MCU on the firmware side of things...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,474 Views)

Try to read using VISA Read (Instead of writing in file directly) and Compare the Contents of File and the Contents in the Read Value. If that works fine you can save using Write to text File

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,414 Views)

Hi PalantiveIT,

Thank you for responding. I tweaked my labview code a bit and I have the following error now.

VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF006B) A framing error occurred during transfer. Occuring at the "Write to Text File Block"

My C code essentially is waiting for the character 'g' to be read on its receive buffer (I do this by typing 'g' in the write buffer of my labVIEW program) to which it will then transfer the integers 0 to 255 which I am hopefully trying to capture with my VISA Read. I remember reading that the data transfered out my MCU are 8 bit strings and the data read are also 8 bit strings in LabVIEW, is there a way to convert the strings into integers?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,381 Views)