LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 f2 patch

Solved!
Go to solution

Received the LabVIEW 2012 f2 patch pushed to me.  After installation and reboot, none of my applications will run.  I get two error messages:  "No supported languages installed" followed by "Unable to open resource files".

Help please!?

Message 1 of 30
(7,407 Views)

Ouch!

I did not get the update yet, so I cannot tell if it worked for me.

When you say "none of my applications will run", are you talking about VIs or built applications?

Do you get these errors when you try to open LabVIEW or only of you try to run?

Just trying to get more information...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(7,374 Views)

I ran the updates on two different machines.  I did the 32-bit and the 64-bit on both machines.  I have had no issues so far.  But I don't get to use the 2012 much.  Most of my development is currenly in 2011.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(7,369 Views)

You will need to repair your LabVIEW 2012 installation.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30
(7,364 Views)

We recently become aware of an issue with the LabVIEW 2012 f2 patch, where it appears that installing the f2 patch on a system with LabVIEW 2012 f1 + MAX 5.3.1 (or later) removes two files from the LabVIEW 2012 Run-Time Engine (tdtable.tdr & lvapp.rsc) causing the RTE to break.

We have removed the f2 patch from Update Service, and are working to resolve the issue. In the meantime, repairing LabVIEW 2012 will replace the missing files, and should resolve the issue.

We are very sorry for the inconvience that this will cause.

Kind regards,

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
Message 5 of 30
(7,358 Views)

Thank you

Repairing does seem to have fixed my issues.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(7,340 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JordanG

From a note added to the LabVIEW 2012 f2 Patch KB:

An issue was discovered where installing the LabVIEW 2012 f2 (Windows) patch over the LabVIEW 2012 f1 (Windows) patch may inadvertently remove files from the LabVIEW 2012 Run-Time Engine, causing LabVIEW built applications to error on launch. For example, the Example Finder will silently fail to launch, and the NI System Web Server will fail to launch with an error. 

We have removed the LabVIEW 2012 f2 patch from distribution until this issue is resolved. 

If you are affected by the above issue, please repair your LabVIEW 2012 installation to replace the missing files, and to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
Message 7 of 30
(7,256 Views)

Thank You for the timely communication!

Jordan, Can you float the summary?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
(7,247 Views)
I have had the same issue with the LabView 2011 f2 patch (11.0.1.f2). It wiped out %ProgramFiles%\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2011\English\lvapp.rsc. Copying this file from an older installation of LabView resolved it.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(7,110 Views)

Running a repair on Labview 2012 is not fixing the problem.  The Built applications are still not running.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30
(7,081 Views)