From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 hours finished the webcam program

Yesterday i spent 2 hours to finish the labview view webcam program. I call the avicap32.dll in the window->system32, it is working very well, please enjoy it.
Working...
Message 1 of 84
(38,294 Views)

Is it in working condition? How to operate it?

Can you post the code without password protection?

Maybe you can post it to the Examples section in the NI site.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 2 of 84
(38,252 Views)

First, you should have an USB webcam and driver installed in your PC.

Second, open the vi file and run the program, it works well.

Enjoy.

Working...
Message 3 of 84
(38,233 Views)

Nice McArthur,

It works well but I agree that it would be nice to have access to the Block Diagram to reuse those VIs.

Olivier 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 84
(38,193 Views)

I am sorry, this is the password of the vi.

enjoy.

Password:kangkang 

Working...
Message 5 of 84
(38,163 Views)

Great ..

I previously used IMAQ USB DRIVERS from NI but they were really slow..and often crashed but this one is quick and reliable..

Im working for a robotics project and the project requires to use LabVIEW VISION MODULE.Im using this VIsion Express but found that the DATA TYPE is a mismatch between the output your algorithm and the input to Vision Express.

Is there a way to fix it ?

The data type is kind of a violet color ...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 84
(37,936 Views)
The violet wire means the data type is a variant, which can be actually any data type. You can convert any type of data to/from a variant by using the to variant and variant to data functions found on the programming - cluster,class & variant -  variant palette.
Best Regards

Michiel
Applications Engineer
NI Belgium
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 84
(37,893 Views)

This is great!

When I try to view the front panel online using the Web Publishing tool no video is displayed. Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Stuart

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 84
(37,711 Views)

nice program

But is it possible to save the webcam stream also ,as a movie?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 84
(37,702 Views)

The reason why no video is showing up is probably because the update speed of the front panel is quite low. This is because everytime, the complete front panel is being update, rather than only the video. You will probably need to find a faster way of publishing the video is you want to view it remotely.

I suggest to check out the following article in the NI KB, it list several possibilities with their advantages/disadvantages.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2E60AF970E49531586256A8C0051332C?OpenDocument

Best Regards

Michiel
Applications Engineer
NI Belgium
http://www.ni.com/ask
Message 10 of 84
(37,594 Views)