cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay between data dashboard and myrio

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm using data dashboard and myrio and have found that there's a delay between myrio and data dashboard. The delay can range from 3s to over a minute. When I tried running the program on myrio using labview, there was no delay between it and labview. I have about 32 shared variables and have tried reducing it to 12 but it didn't seem to help. Does anyone know what could be causing this delay and how to fix it? Attached is my program. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,901 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jszx
  • "delay" between what and what, exactly? How are things connected? What runs where (e.g. share variable server)?
  • Why do you spin the loop as fast as the hardware allows when the push button is FALSE?
  • All your boolean LED groups could be replaced by arrays and 10% of the code, same for their related shared variables. (see also the link in this post)
  • You have race conditions (for example there is no way to tell if the local variables at the bottom ("energy levels ...") are read before or after their control receives new data. Just use a wire!
  • Why is there so much duplicate code (e.g. scaling, formatting, etc), even duplicate diagram constants with the same values. (e.g. top middle).
  • You probably want to read the stop button as the last action of each iteration of the outer loop.
  • A state machine architecture would seem more reasonable.
  • You only need one feedback node for the array of the five top results, append the two new results, sort, and take the subset again.
  • There is no guarantee that your "shift register init controls" reset to defaults before their control is read (there is no data dependency, so the sequence starts in parallel to the reset nodes and there is no way to tell what happens first. Even your delay loop runs in parallel! Just use a diagram constant containing zero to initialize the shift registers! No controls and invoke nodes needed!
  • (I stop now, but this requires significant work and thought)

Message 2 of 3
(8,860 Views)

Hello altenbach,

Thanks for your reply. I'll work on the issues that you commented on. I'm new to this so I apologize for my amateur programming.  About the delay, I'm using an ipad with data dashboard connected to the myrios wifi using shared variables. There was a long delay from when i activate an input on the myrio and when the ipad with data dashboard registers it. Adding a wait(ms) in the FALSE part of the case structure seem to have fixed it. Thank you very much for your help and I'll work on improving the program.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(8,805 Views)