LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview cannot find Arduino UNO board on COM port, Need help!

Hi all

I have started using LIFA  for the frist time. So, I start with Arduino Analog Read Pin, example.
But, I cannot assign the com port for my board. The Labview cannot find any COM port that I connect with Arduino UNO.

Could you please give me some advised.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(27,479 Views)

Are you able to upload firmware to the Arduino?  If not, your Arduino is not installed correctily.  If yes, then you might not have NI VISA installed correctly (sometimes you have to re-install it).

Also, since you are new to LabVIEW and Arduino working together, I highly recommend that you NOT start using LIFA but instead you should use LINX (if you have LabVIEW 2011 or later).  LIFA is effectively deprecated.

Message 2 of 15
(22,386 Views)

thank you for your help.I have re-installed NI-VISA.
I have tried both LINX and LIFA  however, the same problem still remain.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(22,386 Views)

Did you install the arduino driver for USB. Then it will assign a com port to the device. Other wise it does not show up.

Message was edited by: tomcherbert

Link:
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(22,386 Views)

Yes, I did that. The IDE works normally.
I could see the com port in device manager, Window 7.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(22,386 Views)

You may need to manually set the COM port in LIFA.

Proceed as follows.

I am using the Arduino Analog Read Pin VI for an example. This technique will work with other LIFA examples.

Open Arduino Analog Read Pin VI block diagram.

On left side Right Click on Arduino Init.

Select Open Front Panel from the list of choices.

Open block diagram.

On left side of block diagram you should see a section similar to the attached PNG figure.

In the purple box select the COM port you are using with your Arduino IDE.

Save this change.

hrh1818

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(22,386 Views)

If specifying a COM port, it should be done in the top level application.  Simply right click on the VISA Resource terminal of Init.vi and select "create constant" and then choose the COM port.  However, I think we've probably had this discussion before and I'm still not sure why your Init.vi does not have the VISA Resource as an input terminal.

However, the original post makes it sound like the Arduino's COM port is not available in the VISA Resource list.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(22,386 Views)

I had a similar problem, like you. My problem was the NI-Serial drive. It wasn't installed. Look in "Measurement & Automation Explore", click in "Devices and Interfaces", if you don't see any COM port, this is the problem. To install, click in "Devices and Interfaces" > "Add a non-Plug and Play device" > "Serial". Look for "NI USB-232 Support". Follow the instruction to install "NI-Serial"

Message 8 of 15
(22,386 Views)

With your help, I can fixed it. Thank you for you kind.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(22,386 Views)

HI

Labview does not see my arduino. Im using windows 10 and do not see a driver for it. Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(20,743 Views)