LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIFA Serial

how can i modify Uno Code using .ino file, because when upload firmware, it has only .hex file , i'm familiar with C programming other than Labview, So i want to use .ino file to calculate và program then send information to labview using Uart , how can i do with Linx

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(1,487 Views)

LINX is designed so that you don't need to do any Arduino programming.  You upload the firmware and then start using LabVIEW.  However, it was also designed such that you can add functionality in the firmware (the Arduino code).  For how to add functionality to the firmware, you can take a look at the "LINX Custom Command" tutorial.  LINX Tutorials here.

As far as I understand, the topic of this thread is about using Serial1, Serial2, and/or Serial3.  All of these are usable via LINX without any modifications of the LINX firmware.

Any further questions regarding LINX should be posted on the LINX forums (there are more people that know LINX that visit the LINX forums).

P.S. Access to Serial1, Serial2, and Serial3 can be done with the VI's on the block diagram palette at the following location:  MakerHub > LINX > Peripherals > UART.

Message 32 of 35
(1,487 Views)

when i'm using labview to regenrate Firmware Library, labview to create some folder library in C:\user\[name]\Mydocuments\arduino\Libraries , but when i open Arduino IDE, it have a message indicate Invalid Library, how can i fix it1.png2.png

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(1,487 Views)

i can to fix it, just copy 1 example in Linx such as Arduino_Uno_serial in LinxArduinoUno, i follow this link from Arduino.cc

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(1,487 Views)

Good Morning.
I am new to this forum 🙂
I'm trying to program an Arduino mega via Labview using the Serial1 port for a touch panel. I stumbled over this post ... Now to my question. Where exactly do I have to insert the Serial Addon in the Arduino file?
Many thanks and greetings from Switzerland

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 35
(1,030 Views)