LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C interface to LabVIEW

Hello everyone!

Hope you guys doing great!

Well I am thrilled to find out (though am sure quite late) about the LabVIEW interface with Arduino platform!! This is just great!

So since I am reading and reading about it on these forums, I have come to a conclusion that it can be some value addition to my idea in my project!

I need your inputs and support to get started...

My situation is:

I use a simple Arduino UNO with I2C interface to 3 digital sensors (Humidity and Pressure - on a separate breadboard) as slave devices and the Arduino board as ofcourse the I2C Master device. I have already programmed the bus architecture in Arduino IDE to read the digital outputs from the sensors..

I am now a bit excited to find out whether I can interface this whole bus architecture into LabVIEW for some real time graphical view of these outputs from the sensors??

Please help me to get started in context of my idea.. I have already read all the general getting started guides and I am almost ready with my software and hardware components.

If I do not make any sense, please reply so that I can post some specific details of the project...

Thank you so much!!

Cheers!

Pramit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,975 Views)

You have 3 options.  Option1 use LIFA,  Option 2 use LINX.  Option 3 don't use LIFA or LINX  Instead use the serial interface capability of Labview.  With options one or two you would not use your existing Arduino code. Instead you would upload either the LIFA or LINX firmware to the Arduino board. and then use the I2C application program interface built into LIFA and LINX to communicate with your I2C sensors.  Both LIFA and LINX have a Blinkm example.  Blinkm provides an example for using the I?C application program interface with Arduino and Labview.

The preferred option is LINX.

hrh212

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,822 Views)