Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling LED with Switch

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Engineers, 

I am new to Labview, so please be patient with me 🙂 

In this project, I am using one switch to turn LED On/Off. 

I want to keep the LED On with one press and stays On when I release the switch, but when I press the switch the second time, I want the LED to turn off and stays off. 

I did the design, but the only way that I could do it with is using for loop with specific length (the length of the for loop such as 10 iterations) when the case structure is true. 

I attached the file and picture of the hardware which is only one switch and one LED. 

Any improving idea would be appreciate it. 

Thank you in advance 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,326 Views)

A FOR loop that runs as fast as it can is not a timing device in any form. Look in the timing palette instead.

You probably only need to write to a Digital Write port when the value changes. No need to write the same value over and over.

Your code makes little sense. I would recommend to do a few more tutorials, look at the shipping examples, and then design it all as a simple state machine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,293 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eisa_Alyaqoub

See if this can give you some ideas....

altenbach_0-1584548532321.png

Message 3 of 5
(3,289 Views)

Thank you so much altenbach, this is just what I am looking for. 

Could you please explain how dose this Vi work ? 

Really appreciate it 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,260 Views)

@Eisa_Alyaqoub wrote:

Could you please explain how dose this Vi work ? 

There's not much to explain. You can right-click any element and launch the help. Place probes and run in execution highlighting to watch what happens. Do you understand some of it? Do you have a specific question?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,254 Views)