From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patibandla

selecting multiple elements in the array to delete

Problem:

I faced to delete multiple elements form the array which is having 20 steps.

solution:

if able to select multiple elements by holding the shift key we can delete selected items 1 time and can insert 1 time.

Array element.png

7 Comments
PaulG.
Active Participant

I'm surprised we can't do this already.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

We can't even do it on a control!

donkdonk

Array editing in general should be improved. Similar suggestions on improving array editing have been done before on this forum.

I personally would like to have array editing similar to editing in excel:

Easily select a range or area (for 2-d arrays) by mouse or shift-arrow then delete/insert/shift rows/columns etcetera.

Copy pasting to/from excel would then also be more intuitive (at least for those using excel).

pauldavey
Active Participant

You can edit arrays by right-clicking on the array indexes and choosing "start selection", "end selection". Choose "show selection" to see a blue framing of all selected cells.  Change the indexes to specify where to start/end selection.

donkdonk

"You can edit arrays by right-clicking on the array indexes and choosing "start selection", "end selection". "

This is exactly what I think is a cumbersome procedure. As said before, excel does a much better job in selecting/deleting/inserting.

Manzolli
Active Participant

It would be nice to have ability to select multiple elements in a easier way, then do many operations like copy, cut, delete, paste, etc. Kudos!

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
billko
Proven Zealot

I just ran into this issue myself.  Kudos given!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.