LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broken_Arrow

"Find Items With No Callers" needs "Remove From Project" feature

The Find Items With No Callers dialog box in Project could use a Remove From Project feature. Currenly, we have to use Go To, then remove the VI, then generate a new  Find Items With No Callers list.

remove_from_project.png

Richard

7 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

...and the ability to CTRL+ or SHIFT+Select multiple items! +1!

StephenB
Active Participant

i like this but I also want it removed from disk, or else I have to go find it in explorer too...

Stephen B
Broken_Arrow
Active Participant

Stephen,

I'm not so sure about that. What if you're working with VI's from a common directory? Often, at least in my case, common VI's of my own lib stay in one place (a directory linked to the palette) until I'm ready to save the entire hierarchy to another location prior to distribution.

Richard

Ray.R
Knight of NI

What about Dynamic VI's? 

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

>>What about Dynamic VI's? 

By adopting a good convention, such as keeping them in a VI Tree, or in a folder called "Build Support" (since these likely also need to be specifically referenced in the Build Spec!). This comment also typically applies to top-level VIs, since they may not have a statically referencing caller. Just gotta have discipline to not axe the important stuff! 😉

Ray.R
Knight of NI

Jack,

I know...  But I was thinking of novice programmers... Although novice programmers are unlikely going to use Dynamic VI's..

BigShotEngineer

O...M...G...

nocallers1508.jpg