From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
jj2

programmatically add multiple y or x axis

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

There is no way to add programmatically a 2nd y axis. Need it to display same data with different units on left and right y axis but currently there is no way to add a 2nd y or x axis programmatically.

2 Comments
Corey.Rotunno

I know this isn't exactly what you are hoping for... but I have found a work-around for your issue. Create all the axis you think you might need, then hide them. Then you can make them visible/hide them as needed via property nodes. I am doing this currently in my application...I have 8 Y axis (4 on each side) and 4 X axis (2 on top and bottom) and I just modify their visibility as the program is running.

That being said, I agree with you....would be nice to be able to actually create them at runtime.

Corey

Corey Rotunno

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.