From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
julesk

array constant navigation

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

Not sure if this is already implemented and I just can't find it, but making it so I can jump between entries in an array constant would save me maybe five minutes right now. I'm making and populating a 6X12 array constant and right now it seems like I have to click into every cell individually which you can imagine is frustrating.

5 Comments
JKSH
Active Participant

You could initialize the array programatically: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/glang/initialize_array/

Or, enter a value into cell (5, 11) -- all the others will initialize to zero.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
julesk

The array values are some measured locations so I can't really initialize them programatically unless I already have them in a csv file, which would be fine I suppose, but I'd like for it to be easier to type them in in labview.What I'd really like is to just have arrow or ctrl/shift + arrow navigation through the cells.

johnsold
Knight of NI

Create a new VI.  Create an array control on the front panel. Size it to display the number of elements you want to enter. On the block diagram wrap it in a while loop.  Add a short Wait and a Stop button.

Run the VI.  You can tab through all the visible elements of the array and type in values.  When all the values have been entered and checked, stop the VI.

Drag the control to the block diagram of the VI where you want the array constant.

Done.

Lynn

JKSH
Active Participant

Ah, I just realized you meant tabbing between cells in a block diagram. My bad.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.