LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandyy

Would be Great to add or Delete Input in Array [ Insert Into Array ]

Hi Team,

Would be Great to add or Delete Input in Array [ Insert Into Array ]. Bit difficult to manage when used for reporting. Rearrange all input nodes if to add or delete a input inbetween.

Idea.png

Many Thanks

Anbu

3 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

I don't understand your idea.  There is already the Insert Into Array and Delete From Array.  What more do you want?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
sandyy

Sorry i ment insert or delete a new element inbetween.Now we cant insert or delete an element inbetween. Please see the snap shot. no option to rearange the node automatically. Manually need to rewire all the elements.

If the Insert to Array node has 20 elements, i need to delete the 10th element. i need to rewire remaning all elements.

Hope its clear now. Thanks

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

I hardly ever use Insert Into Array. It's rare to have a situation where you add an element in the middle and Build Array is much more readable for adding an element at the beginning or end (and it does have this feature). That said, I agree that all resizable primitives should have this option.

Also, related idea - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Add-quot-Add-Element-quot-and-quot-Remove-Element-quot...