LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andi_S

VI-Scripting: Add property "MissingFileName" to all classes that refere to physical files

Already available with the 'Missing Dependency Names' and 'Missing Dependency Paths' properties of the GObject class in LabVIEW 2015 and later.

For restructuring a larger application I created a VI that shall recursively replaces all missing VIs and type defs based on a lookup table.
For VIs this works fine but it does not work with missing *.ctl files (type def) for controls or constants because there is no "MissingTypeDef" property available.

I'd like to suggest to add something a "MissingXYName" property to each class type that refers to a file - corresponding to what the VI class is already offering.

In my personal opinion it would be even better to have a file-pathname property (which shall be valid even if the file is missing) plus a second property (enum) that shows if this file is valid or not (0: all fine; 1: there but somehow invalid; 2: missing).

Andi_S_0-1583930751196.png        Andi_S_1-1583930838129.png

5 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

These two are available on all diagram and panel objects. Do these not do what you need?

AristosQueue_1-1583941252356.png

Andi_S

hm .... you're right. Haven't seen them. What is the reason for the additional one the SubVI property node?

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

SubVI property predates the other two. SubVI was originally the only thing on a diagram that could refer to another file. My team added the other two for all the other things that can refer to stuff.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Already available with the 'Missing Dependency Names' and 'Missing Dependency Paths' properties of the GObject class in LabVIEW 2015 and later.

Andi_S

Maybe there could be a hint in the context help for missing VI name ...

Andi_S_0-1584994076871.png