LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew_Kelton

Support Multiple Boolean Text Colors

Right now, if you happen to use the right colors, LabVIEW will change the text color on a Boolean.  But, if you don't pick the right colors, LabVIEW keeps a single text color.

Boolean Text.png

This would probably be fine IF LabVIEW allowed you to have multiple text colors, but you can only choose one:

Boolean Properties.png

But, as you can see, LV only supports one text color.  I propose that LV support two text colors (ON and OFF).  Obviously LabVIEW has the ability to change the color already since it will do it in the right circumstances, but it would be nice if LV gave us control over it.

In my use case at the moment, I am trying to make a custom illuminated button which the text on the button should be grey went off, and yellow when on.

7 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

I agree that we should have configurable text colors, one for each state (how about an additional "hover color"?).

You can solve your use case by creating two small images with the desired text colors elsewhere and importing them using the control editor. this also solves potential font issues between platforms.

Matthew_Kelton
Active Participant

Yes, that is my solution, I am created images for each button that I have to make (don't know the total yet).  It is just frustrating because I could do one button and edit the text without having to go into a grpahics editor for every button.

JÞB
Knight of NI

This idea makes a lot of sense for boolean buttons Direct access to all 6 BG colors and text color would make it a lot easier to keep your UI's neat and clear.  It might even be useful to select a glyph (thinking pause/resume toggled between > and ||  We shouldn't need the control editor to handle this simple task.  Kudos!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
johnsold
Knight of NI

Having more options on colors for those of us who are color blind is good.  Each state of the control which has a selectabel color should also have a selectable text color.

Lynn

mini09
Active Participant

This stuff is really good and i would like to use it in my LV programs and i welcome this in LV.

PJM_JKI

We need the ability for different font size within the boolean text (ex: two lines with different font size)

vipm.io | jki.net

plus1etal

Any chance this will ever happen?  I'm trying to create a cohesive UI, and the button control is the only one giving me trouble because I can't get the button color and text color to have enough contrast.