LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackDunaway

Solid Line Cursors for Graphs

Currently, there is no way to get a straight line as a cursor. There is always a break of some sort that shows the (x,y) position of the cursor. I just want a cursor that is a purely vertical line with no visual indication of the y value. The closest I can come is to select the Cursor Style  Attribute that I have shown in the picture, then select "+" as the Point Style Attribute. The current method is illustrated by (A), and what I want is (B).

There are many cases that I only care about the value of the cursor in one dimension, but not the other, so a straight line would be more appropriate than having a break on the value of the other dimension.

SolidLineFreeCursor.png

3 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
Just found this dinosaur posted nearly 11 years ago from a guy who wanted the same thing!
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
If memory serves, you can do this by setting the cursor's Y value to Inf or NaN (or something out of displayable range, anyway).

tst, only if you're creating a Free Cursor. If the cursor is snapped to a plot, you can't set the y value out of the way. There are at least a couple of benefits of having a snapped cursor: it won't scroll horizontally beyond the trace, and you have access to properties such as Cursor Index (the index of the element in the waveform).

I will concede, I have made my idea happen with the current LabVIEW toolset. But it took some creative code gymnastics, when all I needed was another view option.