From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
A_Senthilnathan

Show Hide Option for Plot in Graph

Functionality available in LabVIEW 2011 and later.

In a complex application, I had to display 20+ plots in a single graph. these had to be displayed in a single graph since these values are sync'ed and user needs to compare them on time scale. With 20+ plots at different Y scale levels, it becomes annoying when zooming to investigating a particular plot against another. It will be good to show only the required plot and zoom in for the scrutiny. 

There is a property node to visible / invisible a plot in the graph. I will have to add code to hide/show required plots and also user needs a way to select the plots to hide/show. It will be good, if this feature could be integrated in the runtime menu of the graph itself. An option to select the the visibility of the plot in the run time right/click menu (refer the image below) would be very useful.

Plot Visible.png

Graph Plot Visible.png

Plot Visible.png

Thanks,

A Senthilnathan

4 Comments
A-T-R
You should update to a newer version of LabVIEW...this has already been implemented...LV 2011
Technico

In a Waveform graph/chart and an XY Graph a checkbox can be displayed in the plot legend.

see http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Direct-access-to-Plot-Visible-property-on-plot-legend/...

However when using a Digital Waveform Graph or a Mixed Signal Graph the behaviour is a bit different.

In Run Time (last tested using 2012 SP1):

- the menu of the Digital Waveform appears with both left-click AND right-clickand the option 'Plot Visible' you requested is at the top of the menu

- when using the Mixed Signal Graph this only works for right-click

(left-click does not work here because it is probably only used for moving plots to a diffeent plot area)

A_Senthilnathan

Thanks A-T-R and Technico. I am upgrading my projects from LabVIEW 2010 to a later version

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Functionality available in LabVIEW 2011 and later.