LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackDunaway

Offer a Positive Logic Alternative

As we look at the Comparison Palette, there are three functions that offer negative logic, but fail to offer the positive logic alternative:

NotLogic.png

I commonly find myself placing a Boolean "not" right after these functions (e.g., if I want to know if there are elements in an array I must test if it is "not not empty", or if I want to know if a ref is valid I must test if it is "not not valid". Take a look at my other idea which illustrates not not logic.).

I have two proposed solutions: 1. offer a single function that has an "Invert?" option on the output, or 2. offer both the positive and negative logic primitives on the palette.

Message Edited by Laura F. on 11-16-2009 08:51 AM
13 Comments
crelf
Trusted Enthusiast
It's a good idea.  If I had a choice, I'd go for inverting the output (with a little circle on it to show it's inverted).  In fact, I'd like to see that on almost everything in the Boolean palette...

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
I agree with crelf about wanting the "Invert?" option on every output on this palette.
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Here is the actual link to Jack's other message.  http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Offer-a-Positive-Logic-Alternative/idi-p/1022834#A3219

(The posted link above only points to the most recent page.  His message will drop down the list once someone else posts a new idea.)

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

Moderator: Ravens is right. Would you update my original post with the correct link? Thanks!

muks
Proven Zealot
But guys the above link again brings me back to this thread only
muks
Proven Zealot
And kudos for the idea
Laura F.
Active Participant
The link provided by Ravens Fan links to this idea.  I looked briefly through JackDunaway's ideas but I'm not sure what the link should go to.  Can someone provide an updated link?
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Dohh!  I got mixed up between windows when I was trying to copy the correct link so I could paste it in the message.  Yes.  Jack's new link is the correct one.

I'm sorry about that, everyone.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 11-16-2009 12:10 PM
CrystalTech
Back to the Idea... Yes, yes, yes.  I would also like the option to invert inputs individually (and outputs) to the booleans as is done on the compound boolean.