LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
safar

OS information

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

on proparty node of oprating system only we have OS name and OS version it must contine more information like all information of the comand set en cmd for example  (computer name , homedriver, systemdriver, program file path, user domin , windir, .. etc)

property

7 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

A portion of this Idea is available today - check out "Programming >> File I/O >> File Constants >> Get System Directory.vi" to find OS system and user folders.

safar

only there are the path of defulat directory and temp but the computer name and other variales not defindes on these constantes some time i need to check a definition of  all paths defindes for windows the only way to de this is call the comand set froem MS-DOS and view the result of this comand .

ASInc

So use system exec.vi and call "cmd /c echo %PATH%" or similar, and read the results from STDOUT?

safar

no

i call set comand co cmd and serach tjhe reesult of set comand the interse information like computere name .. etc.

ASInc

ok.  calling "cmd /c set" and reading STDOUT gives you all of it, then just parse for what you want

or calling "cmd /c echo %COMPUTERNAME%" will give you just the computer name.

I realize its not as simple as a property node, but its functional.

Knight of NI

The main issue with the "cmd" option is that it's not portable - it only works with Windows. I think this idea has merit, though it can quickly grow out of bounds in terms of what information to get. Not sure about the proper way to decide what "properties" should be included.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.