LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Freelion8

Move user selected single or multiple array elements up or down - fool proof version

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

LabVIEW currently does not have a VI which moves user selected single or multiple array elements up or down (increment or decrement selected index numbers)  and reorder the array. I built a malleable VI which does that and if I am lucky, it may be released in the new LV version within the array palette. This VI can be used when single or multiple selected items in the listbox, multicolumn list box or similar controls wanted to be moved up or down at one click of a button, i.e. if you have a list box with 10 items and you want to move up or down item # 2,5,6,8,9, ( which means array indices 1,4,5,7,8) , these selected items will be moved up or down and items will be reordered within the list box. This also can be used when you move items up or down while editing Enum items. Currently, you can move up or down only a single element but not multiple elements in the Enum edit elements function

Senior Software Developer
1 Comment
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.