LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

Interpolate array should accept complex points

It is a little know feature that "interpolate 1D array" also accepts arrays of xy points. (Here's an example from this post)

However, these days I mostly do xy graphs using complex data (RE=x, IM=y), and it would be useful if "interpolate array" would also accept complex arrays the same way, interpolating IM based on RE, in this case.

Here's similar code (fragment) using complex, but now it's not possible to interpolate the xy data directly because complex is currently not a valid input.

Suggestion:

Similar to xy graphs, interpolate array should accept complex arrays and it would act the same as when an array of xy points is wired to it instead.

4 Comments
Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

My thought exactly when I saw the original post.  While I was trying it, you were busy posting this...

GregSands
Active Participant

Nice idea, though the workarounds are fairly straight-forward, either typecast to an array of XY points,or threshold and then interpolate:

17385iFD1060EC0CC4387B

Technico

Interpolate 1D-array should accept array inputs for 'fractional index or x' as well

Interpolate 1D Array

I often use this function to perform a non-linear correction on raw data where I connect the "Calibration table" or "LUT" to 'array of points'

to correct each point individually by using a for loop. It would be much easier to correct the raw data without having to use a for loop.

BullMoose

Also, it would be great if the "Array of Points" option accepted an array that uses timestamps for the X values without me haviing to do any typecasting in my code.  I know there's a limit to how many different permutations of XY arrays that can reasonably be supported without typecasting, but it seems like having timestamps for x values is at least as commons, if not more common than complex values.