LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesTomkins

Include A Python Script Node

Include a python script node that you can create and run python code, functioning exactly as the c script node does but using the python language, there is a growing support for python in the scientific community (I know of a good few university lecturers and professors who use python), and it is a great programming language for beginner programmers such as university students.

This could be included as a feature in labview itself or be a labview addon.

4 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Did you do a search before posting? This has been requested before, and moreover it already exists for LabVIEW 32 bit (search for LabPython).

Another approach (used by the Advanced Plotting Toolkit for instance), consists in simply calling python from with the Systen Exec.vi with a script as argument (with all the data flattened into a string) and get the result back as a string (to be unflattened).

BTW, what do you mean by the C script node? There is no such thing except apparently for the old PDA Module or the Communication System Design Suite (whatever that is).

RavensFan
Knight of NI
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Duplicate
JamesTomkins

I have tried using LabPython, but it is outdated and does not work for the newer versions of python, could someone please tell me how to get it to work with python 3.5.1 (at the very least i want the script node to work but all of LabPython would be preferable).

I am a student and have little experience with the more complex parts of labVIEW, so you may have to dumb your answers down a little.

As for the C script node, i meant the formula node, i don't think it uses c exactly but it uses something very similar (you can copy and paste basic c code in and it will function).