LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinP

Image Navigator

Inside the DSC module, there is a tool called Image Navigator. This is in my opinion a fantastic good image library for creating good user interfaces in LabVIEW. And all the images is in a very useful  format, *.WMF with invisible background, and options for different colors and angles. It contains hundreds and hundreds of images in different categories, for all kinds of applications.

This kind of library is something I have been looking for in LabVIEW for many years, but it was just recently I found out that is exists within the DSC add-on tool. To me its a mystery that NI wants to hide this magnificent tool under an add-on package. My suggestion is simply that Image Navigator should be a part of the standard LabVIEW programming language. Smiley Happy

2 Comments
viScience
Active Participant

This tool has been around for ages and IMHO is showing its age.  I would vote for a complete redo of the images (they are so 1990's) as well as a re-think on the whole idea of using animated object in LV.  I would like to see more parametization of the objects with properties for color selection, layering, etc.  Maybe even some connection to the custom control editor.

SID-SysEng

If the images available with LabVIEW basic pack, it will be more helpful to make our controls and indicators more attractive.