LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveChandler

Focus Control Label After Copy

Available in LabVIEW NXG. If you copy a control (either by copy/paste, or ctrl-drag), the label text is immediately selected so you can change the label without additional clicks.

This one really bugs me. Currently if you control-click and drag a control to make a new copy the new one is selected

Copy_Control.png

The very first thing I do after making a copy is to change the label. I use the auto tool so this usually means triple clicking on the label text and sometimes messing up the size to text setting. I propose that after making a copy the label is focused for editing with all text selected

Copy_Control_New.png

I can not think of a way to get around the current behavior when copying multiple controls so this would only apply when making a copy of a single control.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

2 Comments
David S.
NI Employee (retired)

Make this a checkbox in Tools>>Options and not the mandatory default behavior of the ADE, and I'm all in!

David Staab, CLA
Staff Systems Engineer
National Instruments
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW NXG. If you copy a control (either by copy/paste, or ctrl-drag), the label text is immediately selected so you can change the label without additional clicks.