LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thoric

Error cluster controls "Skip when Tabbing" set to True by default

I sometimes need to create Front Panels that are to be navigated by keyboard alone, which makes the tabbing order quite important. At this stage, I need to ensure my error cluster controls don't get included in the tabbing order list. Given my error cluster controls for any VI that shows its front panel will be moved out of the visible area, I need to ensure the operator cannot tab to them. Therefore, I would like to see error in clusters have their default "Skip this control when tabbing?" property set to True.

I don't think a change to the default property would cause any complications?

This idea is a better idea than my previous Error Cluster disabled by default thanks to tst!

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

7 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Elegant.

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

For what it's worth, you can also get this today by editing the original control in vi.lib\errclust.llb. This will apply for all future error clusters that you drop. That also means that the change is very easy for NI if they decide to implement this.

And while they're at it, they could implement this similar idea and maybe also think about its generalization.

Trusted Enthusiast

See also this about 2 years old idea.

tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
Your last comment on the other idea made me search for something and I found this idea has actually already been suggested - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Error-In-control-should-have-key-navigation-skipped-by...

Thanks tst.

I must say the NI search algorithms suck - I did a search, as everyone should, before I posted either idea and no pertinent results showed up Smiley Mad

MaryH
Status changed to: Duplicate

Thoric
Trusted Enthusiast

This idea already has more Kudos than the 15 month idea that it turns out it's a duplicate of. For those that Kudo'd this idea, please instead now Kudo the original as they won't count here anymore! Thanks Smiley Happy

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Idea <<<<<<<<<<<<<