LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicholsj

Drag controls from Front Panel to Block Diagram to create Local Variables

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined. 

Similar idea as "Place Global Variables as the actual variable when dragged from the GV window, not as a constant of .... "

The ability to drag a control from the front panel to the block diagram and be able to choose between dropping a Local Variable, Reference, Property Node, Invoke Node (the same four choices when you right click on a control an select Create), or a constant.

Kind of like Window's right click options when dragging files.

3 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

I am surprised that this did not get any kudos (before mine). What's the point of dragging a control on a diagram and get a constant?

I don't think it is necesary to have an option to choose between ref, PN and such, as this may make the interface a bit clumsy, but dropping a local variable makes sense.

I would add, dropping a "Read" local variable for Controls and a "Write" local variable for Indicators would make even more sense!

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined. 

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

This was a perfectly legit productivity idea. I suspect it did not get much exposure. Too bad.