LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanyAllard

Compile Xcontrol

Provide a way to compile an xcontrol, to have only 1 file to distribute.

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
5 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
I take it that putting the XControl and all its member VIs in an LLB is not a sufficient solution?
DanyAllard
Active Participant

What thinking of is some sort of EXE style file that hide the implementation and all used VI.

Edit: And you can drag en drop direcly on the front panel and you got the xcontrol.

Message Edited by Dany. on 06-04-2009 06:27 PM
LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
altenbach
Knight of NI

Yes, maybe something along "built specifications...built control". This would make a plain "*.ctl" file that can e.g. be put in the user palette or distributed, but retains all functionality of the Xcontrol.

(examples could be an xy-chart (with settable history size) or a fake radio button control that allows up to two items selected, or even some fancy airplane control, such as an artificial horizon).

Still, I see some problems, e.g. it is probably not easily possible to support "advanced...customize" or even resizing.

TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

The steps to accomplish this are:

Create a source code distribution as an LLB

Make the XControl the only top-level  element of the LLB.

Create a mnu file for the xcontrol and put it in the LLB (I am not sure if this works, if not place the mnu file next to the LLB.

Create an installer using VIPM or OpenG Package builder that places the LLB (+.mnu) inside user.lib

Ton

PS the need for the MNU file is because LabVIEW ignores XControls in the auto-palette builder.

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast
A related idea is here (index xctl files inside user.lib)
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!