From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hooovahh

Clear Errors Polymorphic Inputs

In 2014 the Clear errors VI now accepts a single error which can be cleared.  This is nice but when I heard NI was implementing their own filter errors, I assumed they would do it in a similar way to the OpenG Filter Errors VI, which accepts a scalar, or an array of error codes to filter.

In addition to this I think it would be helpful if this Clear Errors also accepts the error data type for errors to filter, or an array of errors to filter.  That way the Error Ring can be used to help readability of the block diagram showing the error that is being cleared.

Improve Clear Errors Filter.png

3 Comments
JimChretz
Active Participant

I'd rather use search 1D array than a For Loop2015-05-14 17_01_30-Clear Errors.vi Block Diagram _.png

Jacobson-ni
NI Employee (retired)

Jeff K recently made a post about VI Macros (.vim files) and I thought they would be a pretty good fix for this problem.  I saved the attached .vim file in user.lib/macros.

Clear Errors.png

It only allows for numeric scalars or arrays to be used as input but the idea could be improved.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Jacobson:

I wouldn't endorse anything that injected that much overhead into my code for so simple an operation. A simple PolyVI will more than suffice to answer Hooovahh's request. No need to mess around with unreleased features or variants or run-time type testing.