LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mads

Build exclusion option: All subVIs of given VI

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

When you do a source distribution build you have the option to specify files that should be excluded. However, you have to do this explicitly (either by adding all the files one by one, or create a folder containing them all - and then add that folder). Creating that list of exclusions can easily become a big task, and a maintenance nightmare. Instead it would be nice to have something like this:

excludeHierarchy.png

So - I propose that we get an option to exclude the hierarchy of the files we add to the exclusion list. Just like we can choose to include all subVIs in a search within a VI for example, we can add the top-level VI and check a box next to it to exclude all its subVIs.

(Ideally I would like to be able to exclude even dynamically called VIs as well this way by simply specifying a *project* as excluded. All VIs referred to by the given project should then be excluded.)

3 Comments
Mads
Active Participant

My use of the phrase "Include SubVIs" would not be good in this case though ("Do you mean exclude also (included in exclusion!), or include as in include in the distribution?") Smiley Wink

I would expect that the GUI solution for this would have to be slightly different anyway (no such functionality in the in-build listbox or table...).

PhillipBrooks
Active Participant

Sounds like you are describing a "sourcender"

http://lavag.org/topic/8689-need-lv-users-to-help-change-english-language-and-possibly-other/

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.