LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usrfrnly

Automatically Resize Increment/Decrement Buttons

Available in LabVIEW NXG.

If you change a font size to make something more easily readable, the assosciated control gets bigger but the increment/decrement buttons don't. They just do their own thing and it is annoying.

bad buttons.PNG

6 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

I personally find it better to just not even show the Increment/Decrement arrows.  So I am a little torn on this (ie is it really worth diverting R&D resources for this).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
usrfrnly

Thank you for the input. If i'm building a program for me, i'll hide the buttons but if i'm building a program for deployment to whomever (as is usually the case) i want a visual indicator that there is a way to change the value. I definitely think that it looks cleaner without, but i'm trying to think of my end user. Do you agree?

crossrulz
Knight of NI

The only time I have found them useful, even among users, is with touch screens.  And in that case, everything needs to be large.  I will go ahead and give my kudo, but it is low on my priority list.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
usrfrnly

Thanks. I accept begrudging Kudos. 

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

This specific request is already addressed in LabVIEW NXG. Most panel UI-related improvements are pretty much off the table for the current LabVIEW platform as our UI teams are completely focused on LabVIEW NXG (barring one final feature I think they're going to have in LV 2018). 

LabVIEW NXG was created with the explicit intention of addressing the long-term deficits of LabVIEW's front panel. At this time (summer 2017), LabVIEW NXG is not ready for most significant development projects, but we expect it to mature over the next couple years, and you can see the implementation of this idea and many others in the already-released product.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Available in LabVIEW NXG.