LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manu.NET

Autogrowing checkboxes according to control/indicator font size ... ( Resizeable checkboxes ....)

It should be nice to have rezisable checkboxes ... without having to create a custom control with custom pictures !

My need would be to have a checkbox which could grow proportionaly with the control/indicator font size.

=> Or to be able to resize it with the mouse like the Labview LED indicator !

SizeableCheckboxes.PNG

Manu.net
8 Comments
manu.NET
Active Participant
This new feature could also be applied to radio butons ...
Manu.net
muks
Proven Zealot
The idea is good to have custom size but why proportional to the font? It will be better to have it independently right?
manu.NET
Active Participant

Yes ... It could be resizable by mouse like a Labview round LED, push button ...

Perhaps the solution would be to add a checkbox and a radio button to the modern and classic tool menu.

Manu.net
elset191
Active Participant
As long as it's manually resizable, and not linked to font, like muks said.  I develop tools for my boss, who is pretty slow with the mouse and it's almost painful to watch him try to get in that little box.
--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
PJM_Labview
Active Participant

Your example show a system check box. The system check box should not be resizable (this would no longer be a system control).

Note: The same apply to system radio button.

vipm.io | jki.net

RavensFan
Knight of NI
Why would making a system check box resizeable no longer make is a system control?  Are you saying that system controls should not be resizeable?  If so, why not?  I'm asking because yesterday I was trying to use a system progress bar, and found that I could not make it taller, (though I could change the width.)  I know I've seen progress bars that appear to be a "system" type in intallation dialog boxes that sure appear to be taller than the one that LabVIEW drops on the front panel.
manu.NET
Active Participant

Hy PJM_Labview,

My "idea" was not to modify the "system control" ...

My need is to add a resizable checkbox in the modern or classic menu ...

(Without having to create a custom control ... )

My need is also for radio butons ...

Manu.net
Manzolli
Active Participant

In the Classic controls palette we can find two resizable checkbox controls, one resizable called Checkbox and a non resizable called System Checkbox. The main difference is that the first one uses an "X" instead of a "check mark" when is true.

For the radio button there are also two options, a sizable control called Round Radio Button and a non sizable called System Radio Button. Both look the same in this case.

Both can be resized independently of the size of the font.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil