LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mads

Add result filter to the Compare VI Hierarchy window

The ability to batch-compare VIs with the Compare VI Hierarchy function is great, however for some reason it will just list all the VIs in the hierarchies with an icon next to it indicating which ones are different, same etc. so you have to browse trhough the whole list with a sharp eye to figure out which ones were different. Very impractical.

Please add a filter to the results list . This should allow us to only see the VIs which were in a given category - with "Different" as the default filter.

filtercompareresults.png

4 Comments
SMcGraw
NI Employee (retired)

Great idea!

GregFreeman
Trusted Enthusiast

I came to suggest this today, but found you already have. Apparently only 13 people use diff or something, because I see no other reason this should not have more kudos.

I also suggest allowing more filters for differences to look for on the block diagram. I hate when I get multiple differences that are just "different case visible" when comparing case structures. In terms of code functionality, this is meaningless to me when doing a diff.

MrQuestion

I think the reason this doesn't have more Kudos is probably because the vast majority of LV users may not use revision tools. I don't know this for sure, but it does make sense.

To add to the "Show" selector box it would be nice to additionally add a "Select Directory" feature instead of just picking a top level VI.

With LV Classes you could have a factory generater with dynamic dispatch where VI's that will run will not be in the hierarchy.

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

And let the user resize the window!