LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vix

Add "Export table to Excel" predefined right-click menu

For a table, the "Export data to Excel" right-click menu export only the contents of the table are exported to MS Excel. The column headers are not exported.

I've already discussed here this behavior, and the reason is that only the table contents are considered as "data".

But I think that if you have a lot of columns, the data without their description is not so useful.

For this reason I propose that a new right-click menu item called "Export table to Excel" should be added for tables, and this new function should export the data together with the column headers.

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
4 Comments
GregSands
Active Participant

Yes I agree, with row headers as well.  Or perhaps a couple of checkboxes in an export dialog.

gicambala@gmail.com

how can change hader  column in write to measurment file in lab view,

pls help me.

@vix wrote:

For a table, the "Export data to Excel" right-click menu export only the contents of the table are exported to MS Excel. The column headers are not exported.

I've already discussed here this behavior, and the reason is that only the table contents are considered as "data".

But I think that if you have a lot of columns, the data without their description is not so useful.

For this reason I propose that a new right-click menu item called "Export table to Excel" should be added for tables, and this new function should export the data together with the column headers.

how to put the proper header at each column in write to measurement file

@vix wrote:

altenbach
Knight of NI

> pls help me.

The idea exchange is not for technical questions. Pleasea post in the LabVIEW forum instead.

dadreamer
Active Participant

That might be useful to get the tables' data exported into Excel easily, not resorting to such things as RGT or 3rd party toolkits. When exporting programmatically, that Invoke Node could have two additional boolean inputs - "Include Row Headers" and "Include Column Headers". When exporting "by a hand", there could be some popup asking or some setting in LV options to include row and/or column headers.