LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Yedinak

Add an intlligent select all feature

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Create a shortcut or a series of shortcuts to all a "Select All" on specific types of elements on the block diagram. For example, "Select All Controls", "Select all Containing Structures" or "Select all wires within area". You can do and select and drag now but often this selects other items within the selection area. This is simply a shortcut for selecting multiple items and allow some level of filtering on the selection.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
5 Comments
elset191
Active Participant

A somewhat related idea by Jack posted a while ago.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Selection-of-Items-on-BD-or-FP-needs-to-be-Easier/idi-...

--
Tim Elsey
Mark_Yedinak
Trusted Enthusiast

Yes, it is but I am suggesting some additional features. My bad for not searching.

Mark Yedinak
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Mr.Mike
NI Employee (retired)

I like the idea, but I feel like this would be a good editor plugin developed by community members

-- Mike
Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

I agree with Mr. Mike, and modified one of my QD shortcuts to do the job. I can not attach VIs here, so it is located in the LV forum:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/QD-Shortcut-Select-All-Objects/m-p/2047588/message-uid/2047588#U2047...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.