LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsangree

Ability to create a waveform graph or waveform chart from the BD

I don't think it makes sense that you should have to switch to the front panel to drop a waveform chart or graph on the block diagram. I believe you should have the ability to create them as you would an indicator using the right click BD functionality.
21057iDC54FE90D1C0289E

4 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

You can create a Waveform Chart/Graph from the BD. Bring up the context menu on an existing Waveform Graph/Chart Indicator or Control, then select "Create >> Indicator or Control". This is trivial - creating a Waveform Graph Indicator of a Waveform Graph Control - but it proves the concept you can create a graph/chart from the BD.

So... the Idea is really suggesting you would prefer the default indicator of a Waveform datatype be a Graph or Chart rather than the cluster.... no?

Perhaps, Waveform Chart and Waveform Graph and Waveform Cluster are three children elements on Indicator. Which is almost a new Idea in itself... allow a submenu for the type of indicator you wish to use on a wire.

Just thinking out loud.

Dennis_Knutson
Knight of NI

You have the option for a graph with dynamic data. Id like the same thing for a waveform data type.

dsangree

Well, I would doubt that changing the default behavior would be approved. However, changing the create indicator to a subsection is a good idea I believe.

ASInc

I would also like to see this added as an option to ALL datatypes that the Charts/Graphs accept (ie arrays of DBL, etc)