From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrimaryKey

Lets enqueue creating intermediate files

Hi, since there an be a queue for compiling FPGA code, it seems natural to me to also be able to make a queue for generating intermediate files.

I'm working with 10 build specs. for compilation per project and generating intermediate files for my design takes aprox. 3-4 minutes. This means that I need to sit by my computer for half an hour just waiting and clicking build on every build specification. Sometimes I work with FPGA VI which need to build intermediate files for something like 7-10 minutes, so this is a pain.

It would be great if there was a way of just highlighting all build specifications for compilation with shift and just creating the intermediate files for them automatically one by one.

Can this be done?

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
3 Comments
Dragis
Active Participant

Just to be clear, you are not requiring that the intermediate files be generated in parallel for this idea. You just want a way to start builds of multiple build specifications all at once and not have to do it manually one-by-one as each finished generating intermediate files.

PrimaryKey
NI Employee (retired)

Correct!

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect