LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Terry_ALE

LabVIEW FPGA Host Interface

When not using Instruction Framework to interface from the Host to LabVIEW FPGA the FPGA VI reference register items cannot be ordered by the user

They appear in a random order (order of creation) and it is not easy to find and select them.

I am referring to this function: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599P-01/lvfpgahost/readwrite_control/

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
6 Comments
rolfk
Knight of NI

It's not exactly the order of creation but the tabbing order as set in the FPGA front panel. That is of course the order you create them in the first instance but you can always go into that front panel and select Edit->Set tabbing order. The naming may sound a little unusual for the FPGA front panel but LabVIEW reuses a lot of things for all the different targets and changing the menu names based on the context while not impossible is a lot of work for something pretty cosmetic. Especially since it is not easy to come up with names for menu items.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Terry_ALE
Active Participant

That's good to know.  Did you find this on your own or was there a source for this?  If the former, then probably would be good for LabVIEW FPGA help documentation to be updated.

What about the order of P2P or DMA FIFOs?

ALE Consultants

rolfk
Knight of NI

Have to admit that I simply assumed that this works that way as it made sense to me (I'm using the Set tabbing Order quite regularly in user interfaces). And I did use it recently in a project just like that. I have no idea if it is documented somewhere in the FPGA documentation. Most likely it is, but where in the 1000ds of pages?😀

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Terry_ALE
Active Participant

This idea exchange request could be closed out.

ALE Consultants

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Terry,

Are you saying that setting the tabbing order meets your needs?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Terry_ALE
Active Participant

Yes

ALE Consultants