From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW FPGA Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smithd

Accurate simulation of FPGA methods, etc. in simulated I/O modes

At present, if you are trying to simulate your FPGA's actual logic, using a custom VI like this:

1234.png

Then you know that your custom VI test bench only has one case for methods (just a general method case, not a case for each method available). There are ways to get around this problem--for example, this example emulates a node and suggests using a different timeout value for wait on rising edge, wait on falling edge, etc, but one still has to write the code for the different methods.

My suggestion is as simple as this: make test benches easier to use by handling all of the methods and properties with a set behavior. That way, all one has to set up when creating a test bench is the input and output on each I/O read/write line. At the very least, it would be nice to have the ability to read what method is being called, so the appropriate code can be set up without complicated case structures.