From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 and LabView Embedded linking erros

Hello there, i am having issues compiling and linking my STM32 project with Labview

I am using

-Windows 7

-National Instruments LabView 2010

-Keil uVision 4.14

-ST-link device and utility

-STM32F103RB and STM32F103C8 chip

The error i get is that when i compile it seems to do fine, but then when it gets to the linking stage, it gives me this error

Target not created

[2:18:33 PM] Status: Error

linking...

.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching stm32f10x.o(HEAP).

.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0x8000 bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

Target not created

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(15,894 Views)

Hello,

Try to have a look to the Debug section of your Keil project in the Flash Download tab. May be your project has no programming algorithm selected.

Lionel

Luke: All right, I'll give it a try.
Yoda: No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(15,888 Views)

hey there, thanks for the reply, I'm gonna do that right now, is there anything in particular that im looking at modifying?

I have tried:

-modifying the method used to program under debug

-selecting the "use simulator"

-unticking the "use memory layout from target dialog in the linker menu

-ticking "make RW/RO section position independant" in linker menu

none of these seem to have any effects, which is strange since these are essentially the same settings that i use in Keil and i have successfully compiled and ran program on the STM32 chips

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(15,877 Views)

In fact, you have to check if you have something in the "Flash Download" section you can find in the "Debug" tab and in the settings sub-menu (see snapshot).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(15,873 Views)

ah i see you have selected STM32f10x Connectivity Line, i normally went with STM32f10x Med Density chip, does that make a difference?

and also i use to use those options with my J-Link device however it broke up, im using the ST-link to program now, i have attached a file showing the options that shows up i you click on the options for ST-link, there are no options for that

and also im using the ST-LINK_CLI.exe utility to program onto the chip directly with Keil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(15,864 Views)

When I program with the ulink 2, I have to select SWD option. I didn't succeed in programminf the ST with the ST-Link. I used connecty line flash algorithm because I'm using a STM32F107.

You can also try to increase the heap size, you can fnd it in the startup file.

Hope it could help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(15,861 Views)

hey there, i was wondering what you need to open the startup file? is it the startup.o or something like that in the project folder?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(15,835 Views)

Hi. Did you ever get around this error message? I have the same. If I change to device STM32F103ZE in Keil the device compiles ok, I want to use a 103RB but reports back this message.

\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6406W: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching Section HEAP(stm32f10x.o).
.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6407W: Sections of aggregate size 0x8000 bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

Anyone?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(14,629 Views)

I never figured it out and so ended up not using NI LAbView to program arm and just ended up writing code for it instead

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(14,625 Views)

Thanks Pongo for the reply, that's a shame.

Anyone else out there that might know what wrong, I think it some sort of memory allocation issue.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(14,620 Views)