LabVIEW Embedded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 and LabView Embedded linking erros

Hello there, i am having issues compiling and linking my STM32 project with Labview

I am using

-Windows 7

-National Instruments LabView 2010

-Keil uVision 4.14

-ST-link device and utility

-STM32F103RB and STM32F103C8 chip

The error i get is that when i compile it seems to do fine, but then when it gets to the linking stage, it gives me this error

Target not created

[2:18:33 PM] Status: Error

linking...

.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching stm32f10x.o(HEAP).

.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6407E: Sections of aggregate size 0x8000 bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

Target not created

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(15,809 Views)

Hello,

Try to have a look to the Debug section of your Keil project in the Flash Download tab. May be your project has no programming algorithm selected.

Lionel

Luke: All right, I'll give it a try.
Yoda: No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(15,803 Views)

hey there, thanks for the reply, I'm gonna do that right now, is there anything in particular that im looking at modifying?

I have tried:

-modifying the method used to program under debug

-selecting the "use simulator"

-unticking the "use memory layout from target dialog in the linker menu

-ticking "make RW/RO section position independant" in linker menu

none of these seem to have any effects, which is strange since these are essentially the same settings that i use in Keil and i have successfully compiled and ran program on the STM32 chips

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(15,792 Views)

In fact, you have to check if you have something in the "Flash Download" section you can find in the "Debug" tab and in the settings sub-menu (see snapshot).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(15,788 Views)

ah i see you have selected STM32f10x Connectivity Line, i normally went with STM32f10x Med Density chip, does that make a difference?

and also i use to use those options with my J-Link device however it broke up, im using the ST-link to program now, i have attached a file showing the options that shows up i you click on the options for ST-link, there are no options for that

and also im using the ST-LINK_CLI.exe utility to program onto the chip directly with Keil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(15,779 Views)

When I program with the ulink 2, I have to select SWD option. I didn't succeed in programminf the ST with the ST-Link. I used connecty line flash algorithm because I'm using a STM32F107.

You can also try to increase the heap size, you can fnd it in the startup file.

Hope it could help.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(15,776 Views)

hey there, i was wondering what you need to open the startup file? is it the startup.o or something like that in the project folder?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(15,750 Views)

Hi. Did you ever get around this error message? I have the same. If I change to device STM32F103ZE in Keil the device compiles ok, I want to use a 103RB but reports back this message.

\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6406W: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching Section HEAP(stm32f10x.o).
.\Obj\LabVIEW.axf: Error: L6407W: Sections of aggregate size 0x8000 bytes could not fit into .ANY selector(s).

Anyone?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(14,544 Views)

I never figured it out and so ended up not using NI LAbView to program arm and just ended up writing code for it instead

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(14,540 Views)

Thanks Pongo for the reply, that's a shame.

Anyone else out there that might know what wrong, I think it some sort of memory allocation issue.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(14,535 Views)