cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCB2300 and PID

Solved!
Go to solution
hello!
Can I use a PID controller for programming MCB2300?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,647 Views)

Hi Sergiv,

The PID toolkit (part of the LabVIEW Control, Design, & Simulation module) is supported by the LabVIEW for ARM module, however, I think you might run into problems fitting your PID simluations on to the MCB2300 board. I'd really recommend using the MCB2400 instead, as it should have sufficient RAM.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,626 Views)

Hi.

when I click "run" error appears

how to ensure the efficiency of PID controller for ARM?

18315i653B13922D9E39FF

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,532 Views)

Hi Sergiv,

The VI in the screenshot you posted is not executable. Its Run arrow is broken. Whenever you click a broken Run arrow in a LabVIEW VI, a dialog box will list all of the errors present in the VI. You can double-click on any error entry to highlight where the error is occurring. You will need to step through your VI and resolve all errors. If there is a specific error you can't find how to correct, post the error message and where it's occurring, so we can help you resolve it. When the errors are resolved, you'll see a solid Run arrow and you can try running the VI on your ARM target.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,515 Views)

HISmiley Happy

for PID-control error is not, but for pid-control autotuning error is. why ?

18551i785E19E1E6023EF9

18553i33E2A0597B9602EB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,488 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sergiv

Hi Sergiv,

I see the problem now. The PID Autotuning VI launches user dialog boxes like the Autotuning Wizard, which aren't supported by embedded targets. Embedded applications are intended to execute without user interfaces. You will need to use the PID VI and tune your PID control manually, which will give you better results anyway, I am told.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 6 of 7
(7,469 Views)

thanks fo the help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,462 Views)