From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

short cut menu

Hi

Is there a wy to edit a short cut menu from a control / indicator via scripting

Jürgen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,302 Views)

What do you mean by "Short Cut". You can access the Short Cut settings, that you can define in the properties dialog via property nodes (not even vi-scripting).

If you are talking about the IDE, then the only settings to shortcuts that I know of are in Tools -> Options ... -> Short Cuts ? (well in German it is "Menüverknüpfungen", should be underneath print and path).

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,566 Views)

Hi

The idea is that I can write, when the progarm is in the run state, a short cut menue depending on the program state into the short cut menue of the control

I mean the short cut menue with the right mouse click when the VI is running

I hope that's make it clear

I found nothing to do that

it seams to me that I can only do the in die edit mode of a VI

Jürgen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,566 Views)

The event structure has a Shortcut Menu Activation? event which is triggered when you right click a control. The event returns a reference to the menu which you can use with the menu primitives to modify the menu.

(3,566 Views)

That would be the right-click menu, with Short-Cut I was assuming a Key Combination. In which case you could use the Key down or the Key down? events. You could implement this on the control/indicator or the VI level.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,566 Views)

Thanks for your help

I learned again some think about LabVIEW

Jürgen

PS

Now I found the example

Run-time Shortcut Menus.VI

This Vi is the solution to my problem

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6