From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW APIs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tree API

Hi Piotr,

I love the Tree API, this fills a need perfectly.

I have an off-topic question about the prepare testing data.vi block diagram: How did you change the color of the borders of the constants? That is a very handy trick

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 40
(4,723 Views)

Bring up the color dialogue (right-click on the border of the constant with the color tool selected), then press space bar to toggle color selection between border, background or both.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-27 um 00.22.09.png

DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshops (Fab, Steve, Brian and me)
Release Automation Tools for LabVIEW (CI/CD integration with LabVIEW)
HSE Discord Server (Discuss our free and commercial tools and services)
DQMH® (The Future of Team-Based LabVIEW Development)

Message 32 of 40
(4,702 Views)

How to get parent ID, having child ID?

I'm using a workaround (at least that's how I see it), I write parent ID as metadata in every child.

Piotr, how would you accomplish this?

What's the difference between Tree Data and Variant in Set Polymorphic? Why I can't write variant as a variant in Set Polymorphic (I need to use Tree Data)?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 40
(4,360 Views)

I did not think of that as a thing that you might want to do. Your solution is a good idea. Might add it soon 🙂 I dont understand the question about variants. Can you show a print screen?

Piotr Kruczkowski
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 40
(4,320 Views)

Piotr,

Check the comparison in the attachment. The variant is not working.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 35 of 40
(4,079 Views)

Dear Michał, this is a bug on releasing the tree. Thanks for catching it. The fix is to ignore it, because it only informs that the variant cannot be released as Tree Data. I will fix it in the next version of Tree API.

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 40
(4,029 Views)

Hi Piotr,

is there a way to Hide AttrbuteName in Tree Control?

Thanks in advance

Message 37 of 40
(3,803 Views)

The visualization of the tree is exported into a format accepted by the LV Tree Control. It is an array of clusters defining each element shown on the screen. The simplest way to limit what you see is to iterate through that array and filter the elements by some criteria, before writing them to the screen. See the print screen for example. It changes the glyph of items shown, before showing them. You can easily edit this snippet to not show elements which have no children.

Tree API.jpg

Piotr Kruczkowski
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 40
(3,792 Views)

Piotr,

Have you given presentations on the Tree API library? - I got here from the deprecated Dictionary API but I'm a newbie in these concepts but I know they're perfect for my application. An intro or tutorial you can point me to would be much appreciated.

Jorge

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 40
(3,582 Views)

Hello Piotr! Now Tree API toolkit has one broken VI (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW XXXX\vi.lib\NI\Tree\Tree Manager\API\Change Glyphs Snippet.vi) - which, actually, misses just reference control/constant connected to the Tree control Invoke Node; so if toolkit is used in the project, Ctrl + L shows that broken VI, which is quite confusing... Is it possible, please, that you could fix it and publish the updated release? We could it fix it locally, but it would be nice to download it from VIPM the same version... Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 40
(3,392 Views)