Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to change gpib interface id and primary address change with ni max using windowsw 7

I am using Windows 7. I have a GPIB_USB_HS adaptor and I can not change the GPIB Interface ID (Primary address). The NI max says you should be administrator to be able to change (while I am the administrator). The fields are gray and no access to change. 

I do not have this problem with the same adaptor when I use a PC with windows XP.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,985 Views)

Hi nshayan,

Right click MAX > Run as administrator and try again. I tried it on my end and it looks like it works.

Thanks

Bobby Breyer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,931 Views)

When you are logged in as administrator, what you said  works, thank you.

What if some user other than administrator wants to change the primary address, because this is the case for us.

As I mentioned, for windows XP, everybody can do the change.

Thanks,

N Shayan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,922 Views)
What is the purpose of changing the address of the controller? Unless you have multiple controllers, you typically leave the default address alone.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,917 Views)

I have the same problem. I tried connecting a GC with an autosampler and ChemStation. In Chemstation the Configuration Editor does not have an address up to 30. It ends at 29. But the card is 30 thus the PC cannot connect to the GC. I that I get is GC not found, make sure you have configured the GC correctly

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,368 Views)