Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lecroy LT344

I have lecroy Oscilloscopes LT344 and lecroy 9314 
I am trying to read the channel 1 and channel 2 datas of it  to simulate a chart recorder in the labview. does anybody have a good program for it?
Also everytime i  try 2 install the drivers for LT344, it asks me 2 install ICP driver which i cannot find in labview
any help will be appreciated
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30
(4,548 Views)
Back on the download page for the LT344, one of the required software components is the IVI Compliance Package. You can follow the link and download it or get the latest here. You should also have it on your LabVIEW driver's CD. IVI is not quite as simple to setup as a native LabVIEW driver and there are a few things you have to do in MAX if you want to use the IVI Scope class driver.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(4,530 Views)

How do i install it? i have downloaded the drivers and kept in in my labview instr.lib folder.

How can i make my lecroy LT344 talk to my pc via gpib?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(4,523 Views)
If you download the compliance package or select it from the driver's cd, it will launch an installer. You can verify the installation by then opening MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) and expanding the software listing. It should be listed. You should probably do some research as to what IVI is. One place to start is at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4803. Bascially, IVI drivers are driver written with LabWindows/CVI. The LabVIEW version of an IVI driver is a bunch of VIs with a Call Library Function Node that calls the dll created with CVI. You can use the LabVIEW IVI in a manner similar to the native LabVIEW drivers but unless you have CVI, you can't view or modify the code. Taking IVI one step further, there are class drivers you can use. In your case, there is an IVI Scope class driver. You can create a program with the class drivers and if you ever change instruments, you can just modify MAX to say which instrument is installed and not have to modify your LabVIEW program at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30
(4,510 Views)

i have downloaded it and i still have the same problem i had to begin with.

How do i read pk-pk readings from the oscilloscope for various channels?

i have seen with techtronix scopes they have labview programs named ' scope.vi' which does precisely that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30
(4,479 Views)
Are you still getting errors or or you just unable to figure out how to set the scope up for a measurement? If you are getting errors, what is the exact error code?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(4,474 Views)

i know how to set up with differnt scopes as i found labview programs  like scope.vi  which reads pk-pk  voltages from the scope. and i can integrate that to my labview prorgam

i just do not know how i can do the same with the lecroy LT344 waverunner, as i need those sub vi s

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30
(4,471 Views)
I can't experiment since I don't have the scope but the driver I downloaded has Application Examples>lcltxxxx Getting Started on the palette. This should get you a waveform and you also have the function Waveform Acquisition>lcltxxxx Read Waveform Measurement that has Vpp as one of the measurement functions you can call. Do you have the LeCroy Waverunner Scope on your Instrument Driver palette?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
(4,466 Views)

i have tried that everytime i do that it gives  me error

(Hex 0xBFFA1190) The session handle is not valid.
 what does this mean? my instrument handle is at GPIB0::5:

5 being the address of my oscilloscope

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(4,464 Views)
Did you type it in or did you pick it from the list that the resource name control has available? You should always pick it from the list. You avoid typos and if it's in the list and you know the system has detected the instrument.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30
(4,452 Views)