Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lecroy LT344

yes i did copy it of the error box , i did not type , and its the same error i am getting for all the programs  given in the examples.

any idea what  this error

lcltxxxx Read Waveform Measurement.vi<ERR>
Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFA1190) The session handle is not valid.
 means?

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(1,777 Views)

I don't mean copy the error box. I mean did you pick the resource name (GPIB::5::INSTR) from it's front panel control? Click on the arrow on the right side and you should get a list. If you used a constant on the block diagram, there is an arrow there to click as well.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 12-06-2006 05:11 PM

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(1,775 Views)

ofcourse i did that i know my oscilloscope is in channel 5 of gpib.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(1,770 Views)

Sorry. Had to go and do something else for a while.

Are you running just the read measurement function? Do you get the same error when you run the just the initialize function like in my picture? You have to run that first and pass the handle created to the next function.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(1,758 Views)

sorry had to do other things , yes i did run few  of them , but i did not try initialize  program fist.

i will try it first thing tommrow morning.  Is it better to use the ivi scope initializer than just using the  lecroy ? i  do not need to switch devices , but i do need once oscilloscope to talk with my pc so i can read the data as  chart recorder.

thanks for help

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(1,755 Views)
The only reason to use the IVI scope class driver instead of the instrument specific driver is if you want to write a program that allows you to switch instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(1,750 Views)
Hi -

Alan from LeCroy Tech Support here. You definitely need to succeed in getting Initialize to not give an error before doing anything else.  Every program needs to start with this function (or with Initialize with Options).   Take a step back...  Do you have all the required components installed? (NI-VISA, ICP, CVIRT).  What versions are you running of these components?

Best Regards,
Alan

--------------------

Alan Blankman, Software Engineer
Teledyne LeCroy
800-425-2000
http://www.teledynelecroy.com
alan.blankman@teledyne.com
Message 17 of 30
(1,740 Views)

Alan,

I want to thank you for your participation in this forum and for your driver development. So many other instrument manufacturers are content to leave driver support up to NI or third-parties when it's really the vendor that is best qualified. Keep up the good work.

Dennis

Message 18 of 30
(1,738 Views)

Thanks a lot it seems to work now

have a good day

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(1,718 Views)
Was it the fact that you weren't doing the initialize first?
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(1,714 Views)